Saturday, August 3, 2013

More flax harvested - field #1

On Thursday this week, in the late afternoon, I harvested the first field of flax. It's growing in our south garden. It was the first plot planted this season and I expected it to be ready first. But this garden gets quite a bit of shade throughout the day, so it slowed things down a bit. Here it is in tidy bundles (something I didn't do on the first harvest) leaning against the fence.


And here's what's left growing. It was planted much later than the other two beds. And it was only really planted to hold the spots and keep the weeds at bay. I never imagined it would grow this quickly. I am sure it will bloom in the next week or so, and then I'll have even more to manage.

Now that's a problem I don't mind having.



No comments:

Post a Comment